Please note that the All-Party Parliamentary Group on West Papua has re-scheduled its meeting on May 28 to June 4.
The All-Party Parliamentary Group on West Papua (APPG) will be holding a meeting in Parliament on Tuesday June 4 at 5 – 6.30PM in the Thatcher Room, Palace of Westminster.
Speakers at the APPG meeting include:
- Alex Sobel MP, Chair of the APPG on West Papua;
- Benny Wenda, Chairman of the United Liberation Movement for West Papua;
- Jennifer Robinson, Co-Founder of the International Lawyers for West Papua;
- Peter Prove, Director of International Affairs at the World Council of Churches;
- Dreli Solomon, First Secretary, Embassy of the Republic of Vanuatu, Brussels.
The APPG meeting comes off the back of the historic first-ever House of Commons debate on West Papua, held on May 8. West Papua has been the subject of a stream of debate interventions, written questions and motions in the UK Parliament this year
If you are UK-based and would like to attend, RSPV to [email protected].
The IPWP hopes to work on similar activity and progress in parliaments around the world in the coming year.