Below is a list of questions for members of our International Parliamentarians for West Papua (IPWP) network to table in their national legislatures concerning issues of vital importance in West Papua.
- What representations have been made to the Indonesian authorities regarding ongoing Indonesian military operations in the West Papuan regencies of Nduga, Intan Jaya and Puncak Jaya?
- Given reports of up to 45,000 civilians displaced by Indonesian military operations in Nduga, West Papua, will the government consider halting all arms transfers and training programmes to Indonesia?
- Whether the government supports the call of the Pacific Islands Forum and Organisation of African, Caribbean & Pacific States for Indonesia to allow the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights into West Papua to prepare and independent report?
- Whether the government would support a resolution at the Human Rights Council on West Papua if Indonesia continues to bar the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights from entering?
- What assessment the government has of the growing refusal of the Indigenous West Papuan population of Jakarta’s ‘Special Autonomy Volume II’?
- Whether the government will heed the call of the representatives of Indigenous West Papuans and halt any and all development funding under Indonesia’s Special Autonomy provisions in West Papua?
- Whether the government will call for the release eight political prisoners in Wamena who were arrested for allegedly participating in anti-racism demonstrations in 2019?
- What representations the government has made to counterparts in Indonesia over the enforced exile of human rights lawyer Veronica Koman for her advocacy for Indigenous West Papuans?
- How the government responds to reports of increased state-linked militia activity in West Papua as part of a strategy to repress the independence movement?
- What representations the government has made to Indonesian authorities concerning the killing of Indigenous West Papuan pastor Yeremia Zanambani by the Indonesian military on September 19, 2020.